Add this online whiteboard tool to your innovation and design thinking software toolkit.
From Miro, Mural, Stormboard, Conceptboard, and FigJam, there are many different digital collaboration tools out there that can help you brainstorm and ideate with your design thinking teams. Invision Freehand is our next tool to add to this list! This free tool from Invision is designed as an alternative to other paid options out there but still includes many features that innovation teams will find useful for their projects. Keep reading to learn more about the features of this whiteboard tool as well as resources to help you get started.
This easy to use brainstorming tool includes the following features:
- Marker to draw freehand or annotate the screen
- Text box to add easy notes and annotations
- Common shapes to build a basic prototype or image thought
- Upload images from computer or PhotoShop
- Sticky notes
- Download whiteboard to image for easy off-line sharing
- Sharing to add collaboration between team members
- Connections with Microsoft Teams, Slack, and other popular tools
There is also an enterprise paid plan available for organizations that want more flexibility and ability to collaborate with larger groups.
Resources and Guides
These support resources from Freehand can teach you about the tool and how to use it for your own innovation projects.
- Templates: Use free templates for brainstorming, flow charts, journey mapping, design sprints, and more.
- Help Articles: Browse various technical articles and guides to using the tool.
- YouTube Channel: Invision’s YouTube channel features several videos about using the various features in Freehand.
What is Invision Freehand Conclusion
Freehand is an alternative to paid cloud-based whiteboarding tools that may be a good fit for your innovation team. Want custom help launching design thinking training or innovation workshops at your organization? Contact us using the links above.
Check out these other great innovation and design thinking resources: